Mitre 10 mega community reno – march 2017
It’s back for 2017!
After the success of the Taupo Primary school makeover weekend in March 2016, we have again partnered with Mitre 10 MEGA Taupo to support a community group to undertake a renovation project next year.
The ‘Mitre 10 MEGA Community Reno’ weekend will occur in March 2017 with a local community group benefiting from up to $30,000 worth of goods and services to makeover their building and/or land.
Mitre 10 MEGA Taupo will provide the bulk of the materials required for the project, and 100% Lake Taupo Charitable Trust will cover specialised labour and other cash costs.
We’re looking for well-considered projects that can be completed over a 48 hour period, with a strong team of volunteers lined up ready to go. Your project should be well planned, and you will need to appoint a project manager from your team to lead the work.
We will support your project team, and provide the necessary materials and labour to a total value of $30,000.
Project Scope for Applicants:
- Must be a charity, community group, school, club, etc (not a commercial enterprise)
- Must have a clearly identified project that requires some labour and resource to complete (ie, painting, gardens, fencing, roofing)
- Ideally an outdoor project that involves a building or structure of some sort (club, den, hall, kindy, etc)
- Must be able to provide a suitably skilled/experienced project manager
- Must be able to provide/source the required volunteers to assist with project labour
- Must not require resource or building consent (nor breach these requirements); unless consent has already been secured prior
- Must be achievable to complete over 48 hour period
- 26 October: Applications open
- 28 November: Applications close
- Early December: Shortlisted projects may be visited by Mitre 10
- 19 December: Announce successful project/s
- Mid January: First joint project team meeting
- February: Regular project meetings
- 18/19 March 2017 – Mega Makeover Weekend